Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Tinker,

Following my good fortune to have been on the good side of a short squeeze 2 days in a row with UBNT Thursday and TTD's insane 43% 1-day gain on Friday......I think I am going to start taking an increasing interest in looking at stock's short interest, for possible discontinuities. Tesla is massively shorted, of course, but I really struggle to believe the thesis. There are so many negative marks against it, with a VP of engineering or some such taking a sabbatical as of just the past few days even.......also, working in nuclear power for almost 9.5 years now, I have maintained a healthy skepticism of Elon due to his solar propensity and lack of ever being pro-nuclear on
ther than maybe one or two little comments on it. Solar power is decent in a few niche applications, but California is definitively proving that the returns from solar become very diminishing once a lot has been built. Negative electricity pricing is a massive market failure.

Went on a bit of tangent there, but having done well with BOFI, UBNT, and TTD; I like high short interest for some companies.......but definitely not Tesla, I might short a few shares outright, in part simply to have the experience of going through the mechanics of shorting a stock directly.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.