Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
Tinker, Paul,

Rambus is the underpriced Gorilla today. It will explode once RDRAM revenue exceeds SDRAM revenue. At that point, the litigation outcomes become irrelevant. Windows XP and P4 will cause system upgrade cycles begining in the fall for both corporate and home markets.

This is what I feel the crux of the matter is for RMBS short term - Windows XP. So much so, that I feel everything else pales in comparision - ligitation I don't care about.

We know the P4 is selling well now, but sales can and probably will explode with the introduction of Windows XP. This is without a doubt, probably the most important new product to hit the computer industy since Windows 95. Intel and Microsoft and Rambus have billions riding on Windows XP. Rambus's upside I feel is only limited by the success of Windows XP - as I feel it will be the main driver towards upgrading to P4s and therefore RDRAM. It is crucial that Windows XP be released without a hitch, and be a big hit, for all 3 companies to maintain their dominance.

Steve
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.