Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/drew-barrymore-via-hendrix-ap...

She has more clothes & shoes than I do in a 2500 sq ft house! But hers look so cute.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hm. To each their own. It’s amazing to me that they can get away with calling 72 SF a “micro-studio.”

Looks junky and claustrophobic to me, but then again, I’m not 25 years old and starting out.

It is a great view, though!
No. of Recommendations: 0
She seems really happy in her colorful, artistically arranged clutter. I was also happy in my Manhattan studio, but it was more like 300 sq ft. Also no closet, but instead of displaying my clothing, I had an armoire (which also held my luggage) and an old dresser that DD gave me (intended as a lingerie dresser--tall and very skinny, like small night table width) I kept on one side of my futon. I had a much more usable kitchen (actual counters pace, apartment-size stove & fridge), a table that seated 4 to eat at and use as a desk. Room for 2 drying racks and a washer instead of a dishwasher in the kitchen so no schlepping laundry to/from my walk-up. Short walk to farmer's market and other shopping. I miss city life, not having to drive everywhere. A couple movie theaters/performance spaces I could walk to (although my fave indie theaters were way downtown in the Village).
I think she has done an incredible job with such a small space and does seem very happy, but I would find it oppressive. Too much stuff too close to me and the kindergarten colors would likely send me to the funny farm.

Thank goodness we don't all like the same things!

Wessex
No. of Recommendations: 1
Might as well live in a van down by the river or a small RV like in the movie Nomadland…

$1300 a month for a box to sleep in.
Yeahbut the van by the river isn't near her job.

I imagine the vibrant clutter will get to her some day, too.

ASIDE
My husband's aide spent the weekend in our former rv with her 3 grandchildren.
Might as well live in a van down by the river or a small RV like in the movie Nomadland…

The cargo area of the longest Ford Transit van (the LB model) is also 72 sq ft.

The apartment doesn't have to handle fresh water storage, sewage dumps, or electrical generation. The cargo van is mobile. We each choose what works for us.

Regards,

- HCF
lives in a boring old house
My dorm room was probably that big. Or small. And I had a roommate. Mini fridge, but no cooktop. Had to go downstairs for that. Communal showers.
Ah, to be young again!

(No thanks!)

But it was fun at the time…