Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
SO the one (literally only) thing Leroy Jethro's teacher commented on in a less-than-positively glowing manner was that Leroy Jethro tended to stick with "the ones you know" friends instead of trying to make new ones.*

Apparently if a kid approaches him? Not a problem, come on in and join the fun, you belong to my extended friend group now.

But if left to his own devices, he either finds people he already knows or just grabs a book and has a little quiet read to himself.

Uh, yeah. Hi. That might be an inherited trait.

Anyway, this brings us to basketball season.

Last year, he was a great mixed-grade team (rec league thankfully); half of those boys should be playing this year on the same team, and Leroy Jethro could play with them and probably 5 new kids.

OR he can just throw his name in the hat and the league pick a team for him.

He loved his team, we liked the parents....but just seeing where the chips fall would follow the feedback we've been given for development.

I'm torn. Half of a new team is 5 opportunities, which seems like....plenty. But probably not far enough out of his comfort zone to help with the development of this skill.

Me? I'll just grab a book and have a nice quiet read over here....

impolite

* She noted that this was one of those "think really hard to find a development opportunity* things and it even stated in her notes that he is a very, very good friend and friendly to everyone
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.