Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm confused by something. TMF seems to identify a $6.7bn market for SWAV in a good case. The market cap of the entire company is currently over $1bn. I don't pretend to be a sophisticated small cap investor, so I'm not understanding Why would we buy an upstart ($30mn estimated revenues in 2019) in such a small niche at such a high price (mkt cap). You'd have to assume they take a very sizeable market share before their valuation makes sense.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
need to determine what is the standard P/S ratio foir a medical device co.

determine what you think waht % of market share they could get.

end up with a forecasted market cap, can see what kind of stock appreciation you might expect based on your model
No. of Recommendations: 2
Agreed. Although this is a cool idea and will benefit some patients, this is a niche market. When I look at small caps like this, I would like to foresee several multiple of return over the long haul. I am biased against this one. Multiple devices targeting these difficult to treat lesions have come and gone, but none have ever been miraculous. Severe calcific atherosclerosis is the end stage of this horrible disease, and treating a subset of these patients is important; so, kudos to this company. However, I don't see this company as a game changer like robotic surgery or endovascular aneurysm repair.