No. of Recommendations: 0
Do you tip either of these? We are planing to use Lyft from LAX to home - maybe a 30-45 minute drive.

CNC
Print the post Back To Top
I believe the concept is you do not tip...your cc is dinged from the app and $$ never change hands.

Teri....does not tip them but her sister does, the wimp!
No. of Recommendations: 1
It depends on the service I get. People who assist with luggage, have bottled water in the car, etc. get a 5 star rating and good tip.
It depends -just like I do not always tip a cab driver...

If you have an android or iphone, you can tip through the app.
Windows phones do not offer that option.

But cash never has to change hands and it is certainly not required.
DO leave feedback, in addition to the rating.

peace & tips
t
Usually, yes. It's in the app. After the ride is complete it asks you if you want to tip and also to rate the driver. No cash.
I tip. I do it in cash (typically $5 for a $35 ride to/from the airport), although you can do it through the app (at least on Uber you can; I haven't used Lyft). It is NOT done automatically.
It depends on the service I get. People who assist with luggage, have bottled water in the car, etc. get a 5 star rating and good tip.

Same for me.

Sometimes I tip on a Lyftline if it is cheap and particularly if I end up the only rider. I often take it around the city because it is almost cheaper than parking.

I always do it via the app(get the points or rebate from whatever is the priority credit card of the time).