Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Tires should be replaced in pairs, and your best two tires of a widely varying set should be on the front axle. (And ideally, the tires on each axle should match).

If I were you, I'd buy two new, put them on the front, and then 7,000 miles later, I'd rotate the front set to the back and buy two new just like them for the front. After that, just rotate them every 7,000, until it's time for two new (either buy four at once, or buy two, wait 7,000 and buy the other two) Pretty cheap, and pretty easy. Tires are so important for vehicle safety that it really doesn't pay to go cheap on them or take chances with them, in my opinion.

Cheers,
--Newsman
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.