Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
tjbd,

To me, biotechnology is a different sector of investing than technology. If it weren't, I would expect it to be a subset, or industry, under technology. In most cases, however, biotechnology is classified under either health care or pharmaceuticals. Given that "The Gorilla Game" is a book dedicated to "high tech sector investments", I can't buy that Moore, Johnson, and Kippola had biotechnology in mind when they wrote their book. Also, unless I missed it, I don't see Moore analyzing any biotechnology companies in either "The Gorilla Game", "Inside the Tornado", or "Crossing the Chasm".

I do think Tinker's proposal is creative and warrants further due diligence. I think its a neat hypothesis to analyzing biotech companies that are in a different environment (e.g., regulations, politics) than technology. But, in my opinion, it's not the gorilla game; it's a hypothesis that builds on the gorilla game and needs to be approached as such when investing. I think Tinker cautions this when he mentions that this is part of his venture capital funds.

Akoni
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.