Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 20
Good morning everyone!

Well, suffice to say last night was a blast as usual. I left my house at what I considered to be enough time to meet and greet everyone and ended up being 40 minutes early so I got a head start on my first drink. We had our throwdown at The Rockyard Brewery in Castle Rock and the atmosphere was wonderful. It was a wide open room with high ceilings, a lot of wood accents and a few tv's scattered about the place. With music playing in the background it was comfortably noisy and not too much shouting went on... I'm not sure about the others but the beer I had was a stout and it was very tasty...

Hockeyphool was the first to arrive, followed by Poodle and Yoda <he was wearing a tie fer crissakes!> and then Shadowbiz arrived. Our guest of honor, TJ, was the last to show and we had the distinct pleasure of shouting Norm! across the room to direct him to our general location... introductions were made all around and beers were ordered. I had a few homebrew bottles of Squawkin' Shelby Stout and presented that to TJ...

We discussed everything and anything to nothing and back again... we swapped travel stories and work stories and stories that were funnier at the moment they were happening then they were actually telling them... we laughed hysterically and had the most wonderful time among friends once again. We have pictures which I have yet to review but the initial previews look good and it appears everyone was represented well.

KenpoKate arrived after her class and spent the last few hours with us... we ordered another round of beer, some appetizers and finally dinner. Dinner was pleasant and between the onion rings and burgers, lively conversation continued.

I can't tell you all enough how much we enjoyed seeing TJ and getting together as a group is just the best time. TJ showed us pictures of his daughters and truth be told, they are beautiful little girls... for the record TJ's brother does exist... we saw his picture up close and personal.

We look forward to another throwdown in 2 weeks when myadidas arrives from out of town... if last night night was any indication of the fun we will have, it promises to be another great time!

CaveGirl
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.