Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear Barcoo, thankyou for referring me back to your previous posts on TLO. I am new to the discussion board : I wasn't intending to "piss" you off..with my comments about TVSN..but clearly the management structure and credentials behind a internet venture capitalist firm as clearly TLO seems to becoming is fundemantal, in an investment decision in such a company. Something that the Motley Fool emphasizes over and over again. The reason I refered to TVSN is because I nearly got very badly burnt on a prospectus offer for TVSN after being "cold called" (another foolism" by a broker...I was offerd 20* the stock value than I had been offered with previos floats...so I smealt a rat! Funny they also offered me GPSOnline..which I notice you say was floated in part by TLO. This too has been one of the worst performing tech floats of last year. I may be young, but I'm learning....I recently bought Looksmart at $3.00..only to find out that the original Venture capitalists of this floatt have been offloading the stock at the same time...so I have been becoming a very suspicious chap lately (my current hero is Pierpont). Not surprisingly I am very suspicious of anybody claiming to be a "venture capitalist". It appears to me that they are really only in the game for themselves and can't wait to offload their "gains" onto the general small shareholder. Perhaps this is a reason to buy a stock like TLO...if you can't beat them join them. Wouldn't FXF be a better bet? TLO does not seem to me to be a real "telco" so comparing earnings ratios to other telecomunications stocks seems a little speculative to me. Now you know my agenda..nothing sinister. I also read your post on Insider trading..yours also seems benign. But you have to be careful on "chat lines"..a recent "Sunday" program proved that! No hard feelings?

Regards
Print the post Back To Top
No hard feelings whatsoever. Glad you took my advice and read further.
Personally I see the "incubator" business as a potential bonus, the icing on the cake so to speak.
Really it all comes down to top & bottom line, revenue & profit, and the way I see it, the market hasn't priced the increase in these from the NTM telecommunications deal into TLO's share price.
Revenue from the telecommunications business exceeded TLO's forecast so they are not just picking figures out of the air.
I believe TLO to be worth at least $2.50 without the "incubator" business.
Good luck investing.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I believe TLO to be worth at least $2.50 without the "incubator" business.

Barcoo notice that boss man Konig has reduced his interest down to 12% from 17%. Sold some on 28/2/200 at .69c & the rest on 26/04/200 at .67c.
I don't think thats a great sign.

Yes you are right.
Read into it what you will but there are so many reasons for needing cash "now" that sometimes people read too much or too little into such goings on.
Personally as you may have noticed I continue to be optomistic and bullish on this stock.
He still has a significant interest and what really counts is the top & bottom line.
>>He still has a significant interest and what really counts is the top & bottom line.<<

I agree.

Just a sidenote A company called EQL was listed on the markets having an interest in finance and the dot.comm's. It was given to me as a wonderful investment under 0.30 cents and I was aware of whom the sponsoring broker was. Nice contracts and gd income stream!

After listing and reaching a high of 0.42 cents I noticed on my analysis that the major seller on day 2 was the sponsoring broker. I though that this was weird and made a few phone calls... it appears this one managing director (and major shareholder) was the seller.

To me this was sacrilege as the major was jumping ship! Next came a notice via Etrade News that the sale by this individual was flagged in the prospectus ... it was needed to be made for the purpose of meeting capital gains tax!

My question then is which bloody year? One presumes that no CGT would have been outstanding until a CGT event occurs! The revaluation and subsequent listing was not in the prior tax year!

The share price through non support by the major shareholder has since flunked through to 1/2 of the recommendations put out by the brokers. Basically the investors have lost faith in the company. It is not a high tech company but a good cash flow company.

When this happens the retracement to past glory is slow and tedious. Long term position only!

With regards to EQL, from an earlier announcement "Equico listed on the Australian Stock Exchange on March 30,
2000, emerging from the shell of Perth resources junior Egerton
Corp Ltd."
I would assume that listing through a shell that the company would take on all assets and liabilities of the shell company. Presumably this is where the CGT liabilty came from.
I would say that the price performance is not necessarily from the directors selling some of their stock but more likely due to bad luck with market timing. The market is saying "anything that looks like a duck must be a duck".(substitute net/tech/comm stock for duck) In some cases it is right but in some cases it is wrong. EQL is one example where it is wrong,KRZ and SFM are a couple of others.
If the top and bottom line are there, and EQL was worth its' 20 cent float price, then now it is cheap at 16 cents. Its' yield will now be 25% better.
I know that it is cheap!

But it will require a 162% increase on current price to even attain the previous high. A long term prospect with excellent returns!