No. of Recommendations: 0
TMF Pixy will know for sure, but I think that an IRA has to be funded with cash, except for a transfer from another IRA.

If you want to transfer Foolish Four stocks into an IRA, the time you can do it is on the anniversary, when you're going to be selling some of them anyway, depending on the rankings then current. That is, you would sell the shares and then fund the IRA with cash (up to the contribution limit).

Once the funds are in your IRA account, you can purchase any stocks (or other investment vehicles that the broker offers) and trade just as in a regular account.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.