Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've used TMF retirement calculator but I don't think it works. I plug in my monthly income for the rest of my life, then plug in my monthly spending for same period, which is LESS than my income. The result says I run out of money in old age. Can't be.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone else have this problem?
Print the post Back To Top
Greetings, Foolsom, and welcome. You wrote:

<<I've used TMF retirement calculator but I don't think it works. I plug in my monthly income for the rest of my life, then plug in my monthly spending for same period, which is LESS than my income. The result says I run out of money in old age. Can't be.

What am I doing wrong? Anyone else have this problem?>>

No one can say without knowing ALL of the entries and assumptions you made. My guess is you used a fixed income assumption while the expenses in the model increase annually by whatever inflation factor you used. You should recheck ALL of your entries and assumptions.

Regards..Pixy
Thanks, Pixy. Now for a computer question: when I try to reenter that retirement calculator, I get a message that says: "No such device or address." In fact, ALL the calculators are now putting out that message. Is something down on your end or my end?
Calculators are very slow this morning. We are looking into the problem.