Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm really writing this message to alert The Fool techies about the FAQ links that no longer work. I was about to recommend a particular link within the FAQ to the person who inquired about the Gilder newsletter a few messages back, but thought I'd check it first myself. Good thing I tried the link, because it returns that funky message about cosmic anomalies and interstellar tides etc. So then I tried several other links in the FAQ that were supposed to link back to specific messages, and most of them are not operable either. This must have happened when the Board location was changed. And apparently must have involved some threaded messages receiving new location addresses (WHY??!!). Anyway, I do recall some delay in getting the FAQ re-listed when the Board was moved here (to Speaker's Corner or whatever) in the first place back in May. But, once I got back from vacation, the FAQ link to the main board had reappeared, so I just assumed all the internal links were intact. Silly ME!! All the messages from the former working links are still intact and available, but since the new location addresses were assigned to them, the link locations in the FAQ (the original addresses before the move) no longer work.

If all of this is comprehensible to the techies in charge of fixing problems, then please let me know whether you need any direction on which messages are linked to which paragraphs. Will take a little work to reconstruct what goes where, but definitely do-able. If we need to re-post the FAQ in order to get the links working again, that can be done also. But either way, please let me know via email, so we can have access to the FAQ items as intended. Thanks.

-Mark
Print the post Back To Top
Hey TMF Techie Guys,

Just realized the following to fix corrupted links on the FAQ:

For 16 digits in address, the first 10 digits have changed, the last six remain the same:

old = 1331144000xxxxxx

new = 1380066000xxxxxx

(I bet you already knew this...) Am assuming that the first 10 digits must be an identifier that has changed due to the re-location from Investment Clubs (?) location to current location at "Speakers Corner". But the threading sequence is numbered by the last 6 digits. All messages on this board now have the same first 10 digits (above) in the location address. That's why the old links in the FAQ don't work. No one made the coordinating change (to those links in the FAQ that refer back to specific messages on this Board) when the board was re-located. (HELLOOOOO??? - somebody technical had to know all the links would be blown by the move, eh?)

Again, let me know if the fix requires a re-post from this end, or if youse guys can work your magic from your side. Thanks.

-Mark
I printed out your FAQ last night to get a fresh start this a.m. and haven't been able to use any of the Thread Synopses message #'s EVEN WITH the number change to 138006600 etc.

I'm trying to educate myself about wireless vs DSL for the next investment. I've been following this board off and on for awhile, and jumped into BRCM back in January after the discussions started on the Kua Partners board. Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge and insight
GMR (and anyone else wondering),

You'll note the recent FAQ difficulties this a.m. in the subsequent thread, but in answer to fixing the links from the previous addresses - do this:

when you click on a hyperlink it will register the address in the location box at the top of the screen (via your browser). If you get some error message, then you will need to change the address there. Leave all intact except for the first seven digits after the 'equals' sign (=). These digits need to be: 1380066. Everything else remains unchanged. I know it works cuz I dun it a bunch a times now.

Problems? email me.

-Mark