Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Dave,

I wonder is you have reviewed BGS's 4th quarter and full year 2020 results?

Full year sales up 18.5% and 4Q sales up 8.5%. Green Giant sales were up only 0.6% for 4Q.

One surprise is that about 25% of its dividend was considered non-dividend distribution. A little surprised by that.

Everyone expects 2021 sales to decline somewhat, but the 4Q sales at up 8.5% were pretty positive. So while several quarters of 2021 sales will probably fall short of 2020, they might still be pretty good by historical measures.

You thoughts?

John
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I’ve been an investor of BGS for a number of years. My thinking was and still is....people like lower prices on food and buy generics/store brands and also, people have to eat so food is a necessary item.

The classification of their dividends as return of capital, aka non-dividend distribution is nothing new for this stock. You might want to look up the history of this.

Lucky Dog
No. of Recommendations: 1
I just looked at the BG website and pulled up a random date concerning their dividends.

https://bgfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2016-Common-Stock-Dis...
Hi John!

Like this Seeking Alpha contributor I found the latest earnings report and conference call to be disappointing:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4412041-bgs-stock-stellar-2...

But I will hold onto my shares to see how well the company performs in 2021. And I expect the dividend to be maintained at $1.90 annually.

Another Seeking Alpha contributor, Crunching Numbers, is a long-time BGS shareholder and will post his thoughts about BGS soon.

David
SO SeekingAlpha has gone under the paywall now?
SO SeekingAlpha has gone under the paywall now?

The article I posted is not yet behind the SA paywall. I just now accessed it.

Those articles usually remain freely available for around 10 days after posting, sometimes longer.

David