Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
I've had a few days to process this MP news. I have no doubt a lot of thought was put into closing down IV and its sister newsletters in favor of Market Pass. And I respect that decision. I'm just lucky to have gotten to know TMF and be able to participate in the discussion when time allows. Yet, I cannot help but wonder if this decision will be akin to Netflix's Qwikster fiasco. I don't really see any excitement about MP from the non-TMF/non-CMF crowd. It's mostly just a lot of confusion, anger, surprise, feelings of betrayal, and overall a sense of unease and distaste. I have no idea if the goal here is to streamline the TMF biz or if there just aren't enough subs to support the services. Or did the transition/marketing team just outright fail and Fools aren't getting the full story? I wasn't there, I don't know. Maybe the mystery of it is part of the allure. Or, most likely, it's none of our business. I get closing failing newsletters/portfolio services. But ditching a success story like IV? I suppose it's not really been "ditched." In some ways, it's even worse. It's now like the dying cable services - you're forced to purchase everything through MP (HH, II, 'special reports') even though you may just want some solid IV type investment ideas. Ah well. It is what it is. I'll be at SN... unless that too will soon morph into a new beast?!

Still disappointed,
FJ
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.