Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
TMFBiker,

I think one way you can provide better news is to post a link to the articles TMF writes mentioning certain companies on that individual company's Discussion Board.

I find it interesting that sometimes I find out about a TMF article on a company I watch from Yahoo's Company News feature faster than I do from quickly lurking through my Faves list. Could I suggest that anytime a TMFer's writes an article on a stock that a highlight like a star be placed by its name on the Faves listing and at least a posting with a link to the article be placed on that Discussion Board. TMFSpirit does a great job of keeping people up to date on TMF articles and other promising pieces of info on the boards, but I think the TMF written stuff needs to be a little more automated and readily available.

(On a side note it is this Fool's opinion that TMFSpirit deserves a raise for all her hard work and TMFSki deserves at least a pay cut for not calling a Krispy Kreme a doughnut and using the other "d" word!
Also, you TMFers have got so much to offer at TMF that it is hard to keep up with all the info on the site. You guys need to be less successful and start providing less info, so start working hard on doing less. Your new motto should be less is more! Now that that fooling around is done, I'll get back on subject.)

Presently, I use the Yahoo's Company news feature and the news featured at the bottom of posting's at the Raging Bull board provided by Comtex. Also, I use the current news feature at Hoover's on occasion. Plus, I meander over to CNNfn and CBSMarketWatch every once in a while.

I would really like to see a company news feature like Yahoo has and TMF giving us a Fool News page tab at the top of the main page. Maybe have the Fool News page present some general U.S. and World market news but also have some customizable features. Plus, links to other news services would be nice. It would draw my eyes more to TMF, increase my time at TMF and save me time from having to go to other places to get current news on the companies I follow. Plus, links to other news services would be nice.

Finally, I would want the Fool News features either be integrated into the Quotes & Data page or leave the Quotes & Data alone. I like being able to look at news when I am researching a new stock through this page.

A Fool for Educate, Enrich and Amuse,
tangerine
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.