Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
TMFExRO: Thanks for your help. I will get right on it and mail in my Q1 Est. tax payment. You were a big help. How about another question (anyone can respond please):

If someone doesn't have any, nor needs any income through August 2000, but then needs to sell some stock for the remaining quarter expenses..... do they have to make estimated payments starting with the first one due on april 15th 2000? or can they wait until Q3 pymt which is due on Sept 15 2000, since that's the quarter they made the sale in?

If Q1 payments are required in April, and you're not sure exactly how much you're going to be needing to sell in August, what do you do? I bet you should figure high,right? Where's a crystal ball when you need one. I'm hoping the answer is wait till Q3 pymt when you know the amount.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.