Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 20
TMFOtter,

I think what frustrates a lot of people here is that TMF sets "the rules" and things THEY find vuglar, obscene and whatever other words used in the schpeal emailed to poster who gets FA'd, is a gray area because each individual person on earth has their own set of standards as to what they find vulgar. I told jokes far worse than the obscene one's FA'd here when I was 10 years old but I'm sure there are others who are still pure and untouched at 35 so exactly how does one perceive what is acceptable or unacceptable? And it does seem to vary unrealistically from fool to fool. I've had jokes FA's that I've told my mother and my boss and the girls at church so I don't understand why they wouldn't be acceptable here.

Unfortunitely, now all were left with are dumb blonde jokes and the "find out if your cool test" jokes and frankly, the 6 year old I'm babysitting at this moment even found that one too lame to waste her time on.

Pictures of naked chicks, yeah I can understand that. The F word, yeah I can understand that too but most of the time, a post is pulled because one uptight fool, FA'd it and the needs of the few or the one outweigh the needs of the many (Spock would shake his head at this) so in reality, a few people are controlling what many are seeing. That's not America, or the one I live in anyway.

As for people leaving the fool, I doubt that, they just aren't stopping by this board much anymore. I still go to the movie board, the ipod board and the American Idol board (yes, I like that show, shut up!)but still, it's sad, I got some of my best forwards for emails from this board when AJ was here and they weren't all from him but his jokes led to others posting jokes of the same caliber....not anymore so my friends are laughing a lot less now and that's sad.

Kathy
Print the post  

Announcements

HURL Rules
Relax, laugh and Enjoy Foolishly
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.