Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
to avoid an underpayment penalty because of the conversion, you should plan on meeting a safe harbor, or send in a quarterly estimate payments, with a plan to fill out Form 2210 to show that the payment was associated with the quarter the conversion occurred. (Hint - it's easier to meet a safe harbor.)

Could you please expand on that? Does a "safe harbor" include having more withheld than you paid in taxes the previous year?
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.