Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
To be more specific it was not all that he said. This comment came towards the end of the meeting when stock holders were invited to ask questions. It was an older gentleman who politely asked about how Burnham could feel the pain like the rest of his employees when employees got their bonuses cut because of company performance and Burnham and other execs got their full bonus. Burnham side stepped by saying he felt pain because he owned stock and all stock holders feel pain. The older gentleman kept pressing, citing his 401K now he was going into retirement and other companies where CEOs has forgone bonuses in years of poor performance. Burnham again repeated about the stock pain and said he personally has lost about 15 million this year. His I'm not giving it back was his final comment to get the gentleman to return to his seat. Burnham seems like a nice enough guy, just not will to accept responsibility.

I am not an employee and do not have first hand knowledge of bonuses paid or not paid. What struck me was the obvious pain employees/shareholders are feeling and the lack of put your money where your mouth is response by management.

I think more than a few employees visit this board so they might have more insight to coporate action vs. words. These may have been just a few disgruntaled employees publicly expressing their views publicly.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.