Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
To bring the conversation back to energy storage, batteries, Distributed Energy (DE), energy exchange software, solar roofs, mega packs, etc.

It was not so long ago that the group of brokers who owned the NYSE set the trading rules. Then the Internet pulled the rug out from under them. One year I paid $50,000 in trading commissions while barely breaking even. That's when I decided to put half my portfolio with a "discount" broker. The NYSE brokers called themselves "Full Service Brokers" to try to stay in business. My FSB did provide some very useful services which is why I kept half my portfolio with them but I did most of my trading with the discount broker. I used to call the NYSE brokers "Full Charge Brokers."

I bring this up because batteries and solar panels are going to create similar disruptions in the electricity and fuel industries. I'm not going to try to map the evolution of the disruption but software and the Internet are the enabling technologies.

The incumbents are going to fight back but money talks and BS walks. Already a regulatory agency led by a former UAW lobbyist has said that Tesla should not have released their FSD before the agency gave its blessing. BS WALKS! FSD is going to be here much sooner than I though possible but humans are crappy at making predictions. Proof that I'm human? Maybe! 😇

This is going to be the disruption of the century just 100 years after Ford, Rockefeller, Edison, Tesla, and Westinghouse.

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.