Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I guess it's true what they say about the canadian sense of humor. It hasn't been lost on all of us here. I've been watching a number of boards over the last few months and I've never been so tempted to sign up and reply to a discussion thread, so I did. I for one did follow up on your first report of WI-LAN. It was full of good information, especially the two message boards that I read with great interest. I originally heard of WI-LAN about 3 weeks ago while on the Yahoo! finance site. I was immediately interested in the IEEE guideline established especially for their new technology. I'm also surprised that the president of the company actively participates in the discussions that take place on those message boards and even here too.
I just wanted to say that, in case you thought that everyone that reads stuff here is threatened by your posts. I keep an open mind to new suggestions and believe that is why I have done so well in the past 10 months. I agree that no matter what someone tells you, you should dig in and do your own research. That's why I couldn't figure out why people decided to flame you when my perception was that you were trying to spread some interesting information. I guess that's it. It's all in the perception. I notice OldMardy was pro WI-LAN also. I read some of his stuff on siliconinvestor.com and he seems to be a respectable poster. By the way, I think that the people that posted responses were probably not a clear representation of all that read your posts. For some reason those people were threatened by something. You might be gone by now, but if you read this you should know I got the joke. I know I'll be following with interest now. We'll see, I guess.

carter.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.