Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
To chime in - my CAPS port is playing out right now as a poster child for patience. I just saw my score go over 80, but I've had the beanie for the better part of the last 6 months.

I have a sector oriented port - so it's just going to be out of favor from time to time. The internal benchmark I have in the port (an ETF - PBE) is a significant laggard. Yet good companies that I've held when they were down are rising, and my score with them - GE, LLY, CVS - all were anchors at one point, but now are breaking past the S&P.

I don't own many of my CAPS picks, my real life port will never be that over allocated to one sector (even healthcare). But I do own 2 of my 3 worst CAPS picks, and would buy them again today (and the third worst in appealing as well).

Patience is paying off for me in CAPS - nice lesson.

Zz
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.