Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 28
I would like to say how proud and thankful I am, as a soldier, for everyone's support and appreciation for what I do. I have tried to not mention my circumstances too much, as this is a college fotball board and not a Soldier board.

I truly love and cherish my opportunity each day to wear this uniform. In that lies the problem. I put this uniform on every day. There is no escape from the reality that I see every day. This board is one of the few times that I can "escape" back to "normality". Sure, I can discuss football with other soldiers as we watch whatever game is available on AFN that weekend, but still, I am looking at the uniform and am reminded that I am here. With the computer, I can take a few moments out of my day and get away.

I in no way, shape, or form want this post to be seen as anything but appreciative for your support. Without it, there would not be much morale left. I hold dear everything that the US stands for, good and bad, and try to show it in my actions.

Thank you all for the support.

SGT Daniel M. Golden (Mac)

....And now back to our regularly scheduled post...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.