Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 28
I would like to say how proud and thankful I am, as a soldier, for everyone's support and appreciation for what I do. I have tried to not mention my circumstances too much, as this is a college fotball board and not a Soldier board.

I truly love and cherish my opportunity each day to wear this uniform. In that lies the problem. I put this uniform on every day. There is no escape from the reality that I see every day. This board is one of the few times that I can "escape" back to "normality". Sure, I can discuss football with other soldiers as we watch whatever game is available on AFN that weekend, but still, I am looking at the uniform and am reminded that I am here. With the computer, I can take a few moments out of my day and get away.

I in no way, shape, or form want this post to be seen as anything but appreciative for your support. Without it, there would not be much morale left. I hold dear everything that the US stands for, good and bad, and try to show it in my actions.

Thank you all for the support.

SGT Daniel M. Golden (Mac)

....And now back to our regularly scheduled post...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5

No, the thanks definitely goes to you.

NT
No. of Recommendations: 1

As NT stated, the thanks are really from us to you. Regardless of how I feel about the political situation, I will ALWAYS be grateful to you and the other men and women in our armed forces. It is you who sacrafice for our benefit.

Thank you!
Chris
I second what everyone else has said. People like you allow people like me the freedom to talk about how much the Hoakies suck. Come home safe.

-MC

PS- You think the pollsters overcorrected on WV this week?
No. of Recommendations: 0
PS- You think the pollsters overcorrected on WV this week?

No, I don't. WVU played the same type game they would have 10 years ago under Don Nehlen. Rodriguez was supposed to come into Morgantown and bring in his hurry-up, no huddle, four wide set offense. The same one he used to get Clemson's offense going when he was their OC. All he did Saturday against VT was call the same set of 6-7 plays that he has used every game. WVU has a very good group of recievers all of which possess sub-4.5 speed and are over 6'4", but no one knows this because Rodriguez has not utilized any of them but Chris Henry. Make no mistake about it, until he opens up the offense and uses their entire potential, WVU (even at 10-1 at years end) will not get the respect that is deserved. Had he called for Marshall to throw 30 against VT, WVU would have won. He didn't, and they didn't.

Right now WVU should relish the fact that they are still in the top 20. By years end, with other losses at other higher ranked schools, WVU will make it back to the top 10, but unless they use the players they have, they will get beat by whoever they play in the bowl game.

Mac

Works for me,

& a shout out to you:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21414347

Thanks again, Mac........ & come home safe.