Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
To FoolNBlue: Very well put.

I was amazed at the early response to Mazske's effort. What I see is a lot of previous lurkers and a few old hands (a good mix by the way) that are pouring out their hearts, raising good questions and relating in a way which shows a level of open-mindedness not encouraged at the REHP. Why is this happening? I believe that the culture at the REHP board is intimidating to many. Hell, even I am reluctant to post over there occasionally since I anticipate the normal onslaught of demagoguery, falsehoods, personal attacks, rudeness, arrogance etc. that my posts seem to inspire. Over the last year or two the REHP board has permanently lost many valuable posters. There have been numerous none-too-subtle hints from many posters about the damaging effects of disrespect for other's ideas, the encouragement of discussion of off-topic and volatile subjects and the cultivation of a board culture which values rude, inflammatory and juvenile exchanges. All have fallen on deaf ears.

For this reason I very rarely post original content there anymore. I am looking for a better place. Apparently I am not alone. This board will develop or not. If it fails, it will not be because I have not given it a good effort.

Regards,
FMO
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.