Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
To get quarters you need "earned income".
Your present job gives you "earned income".
This can be used in your tax return to get your quarters.
I also have been trying to get quarters to be eligible for medicare. I also have 32 and can now "buy into" medicare part A. Not cheap. My small home business gives me my "earned income". When I get 40 quarters, the Part A Medicare is free.
My experience with the social security office - they do not help if your case is at all unusual. You really have to be your own advocate. My interest has all been directed toward the Medicare issue not the s.s.
I cannot understand why your present job does not qualify for your "erned income". It certainly should.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.