No. of Recommendations: 111
To Jake Cade

Sorry, I got here first.

It seems no matter what happen, RS26wk was always going up. Something wrong with your computer. The RS26wk pick 1 rebal every 4 week was up 260+ percent the week before and last week was up another 60% and total 324% year today.

Ain't NEWP great? It just keeps going up.

I do not want to say it, but I have to say that if u can not make the calculation right. You should not post them here. This is not very good for this board.

Well, here's what I do want to say:

1. Jack Cade is a respected member of this board. That respect was earned through nothing other than relentless work for nothing. Who are you? Count the recommendations on his posts and think again about whether he should be posting to this board.

2. You're dead wrong. If you read his post closely (you didn't), you would see:

Buying at previous Wednesday's close + 0.0625
Selling at previous Wednesday's close - $0.0625

If you did a little reasearch on what the "problem" might be (you didn't), you would note that NEWP has been the RS26wk #1 pick for some weeks. Note that you would likely find this by looking at the Current Rankings that none other than Jack Cade tirelessly posts week in, week out. Then you might look at NEWP's closing price on Wednesday (115.375) and Wednesday last week (100.4844). If you were more mathematically inclined than to think an increase from +269.4% to +324.2% is 60%, you would figure it's actually 3.694/4.242 = 1.1483 = +14.83%. You would then also note that 115.375/100.4844 = 1.1482 = +14.82%.

It's bad enough to call an error without doing your homework. It's worse to do so rudely.

- Jamie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.