No. of Recommendations: 12
To Keith,JAF,2gifts and everyone.

Words can not express my thanks to you all.

I feel that I should try to answer a couple of your questions because you all were so kind to respond and you did help me so much. I have never been a person to ask for help but I have found that I have no choice but to seek it now.

I was a single mother and raised my sons alone.When Mark became ill, I had the trust finally drawn. My intent was that Mark would live indep. but not lose his gov. benefits if I left him money if his condition became worse His meds. were $600.00 per month and that HELL hole he lived in they charged the Gov. 1k mo. Mark was diagnosed with BiPolar11 5yrs. ago. When he got that diagnosis he went totally down hill.He nolonger wanted to live.He lived with me for 3yrs. untill I couldn't take it anymore. He was in the hospital 11 times. Mark just couldn't stop drinking even though he went to AA faithfully plus he couldn't accept his diagnosis. Mark had finally quit drinking and was moving back home when he was killed and going back to school. He was on his way to an AA meeting 2bks. from the house.He had high hopes of getting off disability and having a life. It seems like all my prayers were being answered and then he was gone.

Thanks Keith--I called a title Company this A.M. They were so kind,pulled up the records and as far as they can tell the house is only in my name.
I was trying to just get the house in Michaels name so I didn't have to draw up a new will. Everything else in the trust would go to my grandchildren.

If there is a heaven Mark is smiling now. He didn't think he had one friend in the world except me. He had cut off all contact with everyone when he left college 15yrs. ago.I actually thought I would have to pay for the Funeral Home to carry his casket to his grave.However his death was all over the T.V.because he had no I.D. on him when he was killed 2blks. away. On Thanksgiving day, I was alone and in total shock when someone knocked on my door and wanted to talk to me about Mark. I didn't know they were the T.V. crew untill they asked me if I would speak on camera. I lost it and called them vulchers. Mark hadn't been dead 24hrs.They had their story and ran it. It even was on the net.
Imagine my surprise when my phone rang off the wall and so many people were knocking on my door. I ended up having to have the largest room at the funeral home,180 people came and not any one them had seen Mark since highschool.His death was published in the SAE newsletter from Westminster.A mo. ago I started getting calls from his college chums,most I did not know.Last week I got the news that the SAE house at Westminster is going to put up a memorial for him at the house.
The stories I heard about my sweet Mark have amazed me. I knew what a wonderful person he was but I didn't know that so many others did also.
It is so profoundly sad to me that Mark thougth he was worthless. I can't imagine the Hell he went through and never said a word.

Sorry for the long whatever. I have managed to keep my wits about enough to set up a memorial scholarship in Mark's name for a future teacher.The only thing he ever wanted was to be a History teacher.

Thanks for listening and all your help.
Kiss and hug everyone you love,your life can change in a second.
Mark's Mom
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.