No. of Recommendations: 2
To me, it sounds strange to want to get some of your Roth IRA (where qualifired distributions would be tax-free in your retirement) into your pension (where distributions would taxed as ordinary income in your retirement.

Would another possibility be to take some of the savings in your Roth and purchase additional years of toward your pension?

Who do I talk to in this bureacracy?

If you want to talk to anyone, I think I would post your question on the Tax Strategies board. Several tax professionals and retired IRA folks themselves frequest that board -- I've sometimes had informative and useful answers to my questions with 20 minutes of my post. Those people are incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. If you still want to talk to someone in the IRS, they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.