Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
to nominate Michael Read for a special Feste Award this year, if you would.

As I am aware:

No one has more avidly appreciated, respected and supported the honor than Michael.

Few are as versed in Shakespeare as Michael... or old enough to have known Shakespeare, personally, as Michael likely is. ~ ~

No one has "lost" the award more than Michael - OK, might be Alzheimer's Disease. ~ ~

Michael will teach you how to fish, rather than give you a fish - What can I say, he's cheap, but long in the tooth on wisdom - knows some of the best fishing spots in the world, how to fillet a Salmon - and down a beer or 2 in the process.

Bob

Thank you, Bob. You not only get the Ginsu knives but, if you call now, a quart of SuperLubey ‘Get 100 miles more per tankfull,’ and its companion product Glopgrease ‘Never oil a hinge ever again’. As I said in the infomercial: “Feste is not only for the squeaky.” Of course, in saying that I was a mite hammered to don’t take this literally or even try to understand it.

So onto the competition for The Feste Award or, as it’s know around the Read House, shameless self-promotion. While others nominated bask in the fact of being nominated (and rightly so) I, on the other hand, don’t have that cachet. Their loftiness is assured, mine isn’t. Their standing is assured by competence and aptness, mine is an uphill slog reminding everyone their vote is not wasted – something in six years (now seven) I have yet to accomplish.

And I have tried, lord, I have tried. Through years one through six I have tried to no avail. Bogey, in one year, suggested I get the Susan Lucci Award (Ms. Lucci got the Emmy after 18 failed nominations) and later I did a faux interview with her. Motley gets around and Ms. Lucci responded delightfully. I think I am in love.

Where was I? Right, shameless self promotion. And this year, from seeing the nominations to date, it’s going to be harder this year than last. Heck, there’s another 19 days to go and they’re already nominating the heavy hitters.

This year I don’t think being able to filet a salmon in less than a minute is going to cut it (it didn’t six years in a row but I’m holding on to it – think hard, voters, can any of the competition flay a salmon? Ha!).

Bob, thanks for your support.

MichaelR
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.