Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
TO our chick in NYC, love to hear more from you. Played rugby for a year before i saw the light and followed Aussie Rules!

Lance2210:

While I am in NYC, the "chk" doesn't stand for chick but thanks for the compliment! The name is Christina.

Like I posted before, I lived in Sydney last year for a few months after quitting my job here in the States. I had visited twice the year before on holiday and absolutely loved Oz. Sydney is very much like NYC but smaller. Good entertainment, cosmopolitan, etc. Better weather, however, and nicer people. Also, while NYC is on a harbor (sorry, harbour), we do not have the shoreline amenities like the Sydneysiders do.

I'm not surprised to hear that the economic prognosis for Oz is good - the Olympics should help a bit, don't you think?

As far as Aussie Rules - like I said, I was still learning when I left. But since I can only watch it here a couple of times a year at most, it's not easy to keep up with. Rugby at least get televised once in a while.

BTW, there are quite a few beauty products from Oz being promoted on late night TV here. One is some type of gel for hair removal. I don't know the name of the company but it seems that it might be worth a look at.

Penfolds is sold here in the States as are a lot of the Aussie wines - very popular.

Hoooroo!

Christina
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.