Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
to take advantage of a broader rotation/drawdown in the growth cohort, which I still hope will happen this year.

and I am itchy-itchy to raise cash. I had some positions that made up about 1% of the port. These were from NPI and the Cathy Wood, Captain's Ark tool. Bought on May 10. They were Ark funds stocks that screened for positive returns for 6-month, 3-month and 1-month time periods. It was a mixed bag of 10 stocks, an experiment that had DE, CAT, SCHW, HUBS, LMT, TDY, HON..... Old line DOW companies in there. That group were down a percent or two so I just raised cash. What I am looking at is my ROKU, CRWD and SE. I bought the dips over the last 4 months. ROKU is up about 19% in June. CRWD is up 37% from May and 22% from June dips. So, did I buy those for trades or to build up the position. Trying to convince myself one way or the other. The answer it they were intended for trades but the old greed is sitting on my right shoulder and prudence is on the left, whispering "remember February and March".

I am creeping towards ATH and that makes me want to hold in order to get those last few dollars. I need 4.44% more after a 3.08% pop on Tuesday. DW is up 16.9% YTD and is 1.8% below her ATH after a 1.8% pop on Tuesday. One more good day is all she needs. Prudence versus greed. So tempting to keep saying "up and to the right", the old MF mantra to stay fully invested. Good excuse for minding Greed on the right shoulder (no political significance intended). My other meter is my MF CAPS score. It hit 95.88. Over 96 has been a good indicator for profit taking.

Then I am thinking about taking the short term gain on ROKU, SE and CRWD and putting into UPST. Need more saxophone time to clear the brain. I'll probably hold. I have 24 stocks so if we get Doom's rotation I can sell the lesser conviction and buy the higher.

KC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.