Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have followed this stock for a while and it has taken me some time to draw some conclusions that, I believe, make CVTI a stock to own ..... NOW! If you look at the price history of this company you can see a trend in their price since they went public. It generally ranges from ~ $20 down to $12 and back. Now, I will be the first investor to tell you that if you buy a stock based soley on its chart you are rolling the dice with your money. However in this case there is some supporting data to suggest that CVTI's price history recommends now as a time to buy. Here is why. If you look at their revenue and earnings over the last 3 or 4 years it has increased sequentially from 1st qtr. to 2nd qtr (etc) and from 1st qtr to 1st qtr. With this in mind you now look at their price history and you can see where this stock sold for $12 three or four years ago and had financials that were not as good. I submit that if the stock went from $12 to $20 with the numbers they were posting in the past that they most assuredly will go to at least $20 with the much better revenue and earnings numbers that they have now! It also does not hurt to read the press release from the company that says they will exceed 2nd quarter predicted numbers. One key fact in that press release that I find very affirming is the statement from CVTI's CEO David Parker, "We are experiencing strong demand from our customers in all segments of our business,". Based on the historic growth rates of the company and the cycle of its price and the current financial status of the company I would expect CVTI to see $20 a share (or more) in the not too distant future ....... of course, this is only my opinion. Check it out and see what you think!

Onward and upward,
Dittoheadfool
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.