Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have followed this stock for a while and it has taken me some time to draw some conclusions that, I believe, make CVTI a stock to own ..... NOW! If you look at the price history of this company you can see a trend in their price since they went public. It generally ranges from ~ $20 down to $12 and back. Now, I will be the first investor to tell you that if you buy a stock based soley on its chart you are rolling the dice with your money. However in this case there is some supporting data to suggest that CVTI's price history recommends now as a time to buy. Here is why. If you look at their revenue and earnings over the last 3 or 4 years it has increased sequentially from 1st qtr. to 2nd qtr (etc) and from 1st qtr to 1st qtr. With this in mind you now look at their price history and you can see where this stock sold for $12 three or four years ago and had financials that were not as good. I submit that if the stock went from $12 to $20 with the numbers they were posting in the past that they most assuredly will go to at least $20 with the much better revenue and earnings numbers that they have now! It also does not hurt to read the press release from the company that says they will exceed 2nd quarter predicted numbers. One key fact in that press release that I find very affirming is the statement from CVTI's CEO David Parker, "We are experiencing strong demand from our customers in all segments of our business,". Based on the historic growth rates of the company and the cycle of its price and the current financial status of the company I would expect CVTI to see $20 a share (or more) in the not too distant future ....... of course, this is only my opinion. Check it out and see what you think!

Onward and upward,
Dittoheadfool
Print the post Back To Top
I bought in at 12 5/8, got nervous with daytrader activity at 15 1/16, and bailed out. That night, I re-checked my research, and re-bought next day at 15 1/4.So far, the ride has been pleasant.
You might want to look at CVTI numbers on this site:

<<http://www.earningswhispers.com/stocks.asp?symbol=cvti

IMHO, I think the whisper number of $0.40 is low.
What is your opinion of where it will be AFTER earnings are released?

Larry
Larry,

I have a long short term view out of this stock. Let me explain that statement. I think CVTI is a great company ..... if you look at their historical financial numbers I think you will see why. I bought this stock with the idea that I could possibly double my money in the short term but if I did not and I felt the stock was still undervalued, I would hold it for a longer term - my long short term strategy. I only do this on companies that I feel are in great shape financially and are seriously undervalued. With that in mind, I personally believe that the stock will get to at least $20 dollars per share in the next couple of months. Keep in mind though that this is a stock and anything can happen, but based on previous performance of the stock and the prediction of the company recently that they will exceed analysts expectations, I think they will reach the $20 mark and maybe as high as $24. I persuaded my investment club to buy the stock and needless to say we are quite pleased. I also bought it myself. Depending on the numbers that are released for the 2Q, we could see the $20's sooner rather than later.

Onward and Upward,
Dittoheadfool
Thanks for the reply. I sold my position last Friday, as I thought earnings were coming out Friday p.m., and price was dropping.
I re-bought today on down market, and am going to bite my tongue to hold thru earnings, which I have learned is supposed to be 7/21.
I had taken earnings date off a site called earningswhispers.com as 7/15, then two different posters on yahoo board stated earnings date was 7/16.
Can you verify that the 7/21 date is correct?
Thanks, I'm still learning.
Regards,
Larry