No. of Recommendations: 95
I just returned from the Westlake Village home of Ralph and Paula Block. Ralph and I have collaborated for 8-9 years on security ideas and
have the same investment philosophy. He of course knows a lot more on REITS.
The sad news is that he has very little time left. I was lucky enough to have visited during a lucid moment outside by the pool. He is very weak but did recognize me and remembered my name.
With the approval of his son Steve, who was with us, I read many of your tributes to Ralph to him and the family with some editing. He recognized some of the authors who posted and nodded his head when I asked if you knew of them. His son Steve wanted to read them but he was too emotional as one can imagine. I was happy to do it and very happy that he was lucid enough to listen to the wonderful and kind words many of you posted. We are all very sad but will continue to remember him and his wonderful attributes for many years.

Shelly(bhpo)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.