Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
The RM column writers shall not take the following as a criticism but as shall be considered as a suggestion for further improvement.

In today's RM column Bill wrote about wireless technology players. I noticed that at few locations there have been deviations from our basic RM principles. One of the basic principle is look for Quality, Quality ……& Quality, not for the valuation. This was deviated during the analysis of QCOM. Consider few statements like

"I'm not going to make too many friends in the Qualcomm camp here, but this pricing is ridiculous"

"And the current share price is at a level that leaves exactly zero room for error"

How come RM managers have started taking about pricing. I am not in favor or against QCOM, but the rejections shall be on the basis of RM's qualitative and quantitative analysis.

I remember Tom had mentioned in one of his radio show (when YHOO was around 300) that YHOO still could be undervalued and other $10 share can be overvalued, if analyzed as per RM. So in my opinion we must follow our guidelines in selecting next RM and not just few words about analyzing some analyst opinion. As an investor we must be convinced before we say Yes or No.

Analysis for SNRA was slightly OK. But not to the satisfaction. The rejection for SNRA was "Sonera is not providing their services on a worldwide stage as of yet, which means that they lack the inevitability that we would ideally like to see in a Rule Maker" I think TROW is also still not providing their services worldwide. But still it is in our portfolio.

Readers expect from TMF writers that they must make decisions based on detailed analysis, which was missing in today's column.

I was introduced to TMF six months back and regularly reading their daily columns. I am very thankful to them for the knowledge I gained from TMF. But today's column was not upto the standard of their "Educate, Amuse, Enrich" mission.

I hope the above will be taken as positive suggestion while writing analysis in further columns of Wireless Telecom.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.