Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Most likely this story or similar:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/iphone-13-leaks-claim-satelli...

Low Earth Orbit satellite connectivity would be a fantastic safety net for hikers, etc... Likely trade-up ASAP!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
I was sure that it was this announcement.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-acquires-classical-musi...
Apple® today announced it has acquired Primephonic, the renowned classical music streaming service that offers an outstanding listening experience with search and browse functionality optimized for classical, premium-quality audio, handpicked expert recommendations, and extensive contextual details on repertoire and recordings.

Joking aside, I think a dedicated classical music service is a neat Apple acquisition. I'm looking forward to the app.
No. of Recommendations: 0
While I welcome more support of classical music, how much of a market is there for it, particularly in the U.S.? That said, more income registering on Apple's balance sheet is always welcome.

As for the rumored Qualcomm satellite chip in the iPhone 13s, this just seems too good to be true. But if true, it would have to mean that Apple is convinced the technology is viable and would provide valuable added capability in the next 15 months. So, is direct phone-to-LEO-satellite communication from a small phone with a tiny antenna practical right now? Even with the massive numbers of LEO satellites already and still being launched to support such a capacity?
I have not yet paid much attention to the LEO world, other than watching the occasional blurbs as more birds go up... As always physics rule, the delay times up and back have to be realized, so I can see where texting at least is the most viable, voice, the lag time would be upsetting, but for emergency use, not so bad, at least a connection.

Back in the day as we (WeCo/LU) built the Sprint cell system, we initially had a hardline connection at the remote site until we powered up, verified the cell site hardware. So afterward, it was funny to call a fellow tech at the site, and literally see the delay in just the distance from the site to the switch and back, enough to confuse the conversation, so the delay up and bak to the satellite network will compound that..

Interesting times, interesting possibilities...
As far as music, of any sort, I don't see it as a boost like this today.. The base has already found their own interest levels of all manner of music, my CD collection is really dusty, any of interest I loaded years ago, turned more to podcasts, news, other interests...
I’m a bit skeptical that any of today’s news items alone are enough to explain today’s jump.

Was Friday a big options expiration day? Maybe Friday’s news about changes to the app store, allowing purchases out-of-app, would have had an upside to AAPL but were moderated by options expiration, so the upside might have been delayed to today.

Just speculating.

-awlabrador
No. of Recommendations: 2
I can’t recall and too lazy to look it up but vaguely remember about 6-9 months ago looking for around 150 at this time. We deserve it for hanging in there for so long:-)))

It’s underperformed somewhat this year, so getting back on track as the greatest company on the planet and every time someone brings up the valuation, we that know better, just smile.

$175-$200 anyone years end? Wishful thinking? Possibly, but having held since 2004 and just added when needed, my smile just gets radiant each year.😛
No. of Recommendations: 1
..Apple seems to have a couple of week delay in reacting to their earnings announcements..

..great earnings, combined with an up day in technology, and a few weeks after their call and Apple finally gets its groove on..

..it's like trying to steer the Titanic...you can go hard to port but it's going to take some time..

..perhaps that's an unfortunate analogy to use for a stock..
Hopefully, yes a bad analogy...

I've only bought, a couple chunks for $8K back in the late '80s, early '90s, so I've been on this ride a long, long time, rode through some scary lows, where my rationale was, eh, there's a limit on how much I might lose, followed but ecstatic highs with recoveries, then splits, then more splits, so where now with dividends, nope, not selling.. Its more than made up for what I lost in Lucent, I rode that (LU) into the ground, but, hey, still get the pension! Never invest in the company you work for!

Good to see APPL break what seemed a 150 ceiling, now to see if it holds and continues...