Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Yesterday, I sold my YONG shares for $6.80.

Today, I sold my Jan16 $7 calls for $0.17 (I had bought them for $0.15 so I made a small profit).

Today, I also sold the Jan16 $7 puts for $0.27.

My logic is as follows. Considering yesterday's development, I'm happy out of the $7 calls with a small profit. I think there's a good chance that these calls will expire worthless. I also think that they will trade back down to a nickel before the next vote. I may decide to pick them up again if given the chance to buy them for a nickel.

Similarly, if the $7 buyout occurs, the $7 puts that I just sold will expire worthless giving me a free $0.27 per share. If the deal doesn't go through then I'm ok getting shares assigned at $7.

Also, I still own the Jan16 $5 calls which I purchased for $1.45. These calls still have a little room to run up to $2 so I'll continue to hold them.

Chris
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.