Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Tom and Dave spurned my offer of washing their dog by claiming they don't have a dog and if they did they'd have to think twice about shipping the dog across the country to White Rock;

I have, however, been assured that Dave Gardner has two cats.

If you're willing to bathe two cats in order to get the award, I think you deserve it.

Either that or a padded room.

Nancy

Nancy, I have four cats and that trumps Dave's two. Also, I would add that it isn't that Dave has two cats but that two cats have Dave. Mine let us use the house yet only if we adore them constantly and set out not only the best of foods but also Friskies treats in abundance. On my tax forms I list them as dependents but not one of them is voting in The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster so I wonder the benefit.

I have done many things in my life that are foolhardy: I have gone down boiling water chasms in a raft; I have parachuted from 5,000 feet; I have flown more than five miles high in a sailplane; I have battled seas in my boat that threatened to swamp me; I have driven at speeds in excess of 150 mph; but wash a cat? I am not that brave. Nor that stupid. Plus, we clip the cats' claws one in a while and it takes weeks for the scratches to heal.

However, if it is the means to win The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster I will grit my teeth and wash Dave's cats. That said, no way am I willing to go so far as to wash Twit's kids. There's harm and there's DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER and washing Twit's kids is in that latter.

May I count on your vote, Nancy? If I win The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster I will wash your pets at a reduced rate.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.