No. of Recommendations: 1
Hello Fellow Fools

As you probably know, Tom & David Gardner will be at the WHYY studios in Philadelphia this Sunday. There is a slight chance they may be able to meet with us local Fools either before or after their TV shot.

Now before you get all excited, let me just say -- this is in the very early planning stage. It's not set in stone but I'm doing what I can to twist some arms and make it happen. In the meantime, I just wanted to give everyone a 'head's up'.

Also - anyone know of any place where we could meet that is close to the WHYY studio? Tom & David have to be in Baltimore later that day, so if this does happen it has to be someplace close to WHYY. Let me know if you have any suggestions. In the meantime, keep checking this board. AS soon as I know more, I'll pass the info along.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Unfortunately, this isn't going to happen. I tried to work something out, but Tom and David have to be in Baltimore by 5:30 to do a show down there. Their schedule is just too tight to try to squeeze anything in.

But I still think we should organize a meeting of Philly Fools. I know some people have tossed around ideas about when and where. Maybe we can work to actually narrow it down to a specific time and place.

By the way --- is there anyone out there who is actually reading these posts?!?
FoolAmy,

I have been reading these, and have gotten emails from probably at least a half-dozen interested Fools. I apologize for not replying sooner as I was on vacation much of last week.

I'm thinking that the 10th of March might be a good date to get something together; some people have expressed concern about driving into Center City (parking, convenience, etc). so I also wanted to throw out the suggestion of the TGI Fridays on City Ave. This is right near where US-1 and I-76 merge so it might be convenient for more people.

Sorry to hear Tom and Dave won't be able to make it, it would have been a nice bonus. They won't know what they're missing!
-Terry
Hi Terry

march 10th sounds good and I think the TGIFriday's on City Ave would make a great location.

Pass the word to other Fools and I'll keep checking the posts to see if this turns into a definite.

Thanks
Amy
I read your posts Amy.
I'm reading these posts and think March 10 at TGI Friday's is okay. Is there any kind of agenda, or will this be more of a mixer? What time?
March 10th at Friday's is great. Just keep us posted on a time. Also I posted on the Consumer Credit/Credit Cards board this morning that Tom & David were on Radio Times on WHYY at 10AM. I am sure that if you go to the website, you can you can listen to it.

Looking forward to meeting some Philly Fools,
Giftedhands
TGIF on City Ave works for me. I also like Bertucci's -- there's one on Lancaster Ave near Bryn Mawr.
Yeah, I'm reading the posts. I just signed up to the "Fool" ysesterday after pickup up a book at Borders by the Gardner Bros. It's called, "The Motley Fool Investment Guide." So far it's pretty informative. I am brand-spanking new to all this investment stuff and I don't know the difference between "leveredging stocks" and "Lever 2000". I think the latter is bar soap, right?

Anyway, I would be interested in meeting on Sun. for a meeting to immerse and familiarize myself in learning how to secure my future outside of the typical 401(k) I have going.

I hope it works out that a meeting can be put together.

Cheers...Doug