Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Tom,

I like SKX stock. I also own the shapeups shoe. I dont particularly love them or anything and wont be buying the shapeups again. I know a lot of people who like the shapeups. I feel, even if the company will have to give back some of the revenue this year that they earned last year due to heavy shapeups fad, that is fine. I know, short term traders will kill the stock if that happens, but I dont think its a big deal, as long as the more sustainable regular shoe category keeps getting better. I know it has had done better each year with the sales shooting up last couple of years due to the shapeups.

My concern however is their, they seem to be wasting too much money on advertising especially the shape ups. I hope we dont end up in a case of bad execution. I know you mentioned that their CEO is a old hand and very experienced.

I also know you like DECK. DECK is much higher multiple though. I was wondering if I could request you to identify which one is better, and why? When is the higher P/E multiple justified? I know the obvious answer is if the growth is higher. But the question is, would you choose a 10 P/E and 8-10% growth or 22 P/E with 12-18% growth. What is the right answer?

Thanks.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.