No. of Recommendations: 1
Overall I feel Virginia has been one of the better managed states in America. There's been a centrist approach combined with some good governors. I include in that praise DEMOCRATS like Mark Warner and Tim Kaine...both men I've met multiple times and even got to know Kaine somewhat.

Now there's two lower-caliber candidates.

1)Terry MacAuliffe.

A rude, crude, combative fellow. The guy who turned $100k into $8 million via Global Crossing, after which the company lopped off 10k workers and went bankrupt.

2.Ken Cucinelli.

Ok, the Righty in me likes this guy but I think there's too much Social Conservatism for a state that is clearly purple. If he wins, I hope he is a pragmatist the way Governor McD has shown to me.

Speaking of McD, stupid scandals. I don't expect ANY of these guys to be honest....but really, free food for your daughter's wedding? Is that really worth soiling an otherwise impressive governorship?

Here's hoping that TerryMAC or Kenny boy turn out to be better than I think they will be.

JediG
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.