No. of Recommendations: 0
Somehow I managed to accidentally post this in the Speaker's Corner...sorry if you've seen this before:

I'm a college student with an AGI of roughly 15,000 per year. I also have a modest Trust fund that converted to a regular account when I turned 21 in May. I've been planning on leaving this fund alone as much as possible, but since with tax credits I pay no income tax shifting $2000 a year from this account to a Roth seems like a good deal since it would be completely tax free.

My question is, is it still possible to make a contribution for tax-year 2000, or have a missed the boat on that?

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.