No. of Recommendations: 0
As I review my portfolio I see that I have a number of stocks that each represent less than 2% of my total portfolio.
This occurs because a stock like Ford for example has been fairly flat while my Amazon and Netflix have surged ahead.
I seem to like to put money into the most recent recommendations such as iRobot. Still my stake in that stock is less than three percent.
I am hesitant to get rid of a stock such as Ford for a hotter prospect.
I tend to get rid of a stock when I see it going nowhere as was the case with DDD.
My belief is if I have enough at bats sure I will strike out, but I will hit a home run. A stock can go to zero but thats the most I can lose whereas a stock such as Netflix can give me 15 times gain.
In this market of prosperity it is tempting to get overly optimistic about the future. Still the careful bird sits on my shoulder and reminds me to be cautious.
What questions should I be asking myself about which stock to sell and which to buy and in what quantities?
Thanks
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.