Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
Hi.

Bought some shares a couple months ago (before Sterns joined) made a nice profit and just sold all my shares. Why did I sell? Well, main reason is that I need the money.

Another reason I'm selling is that this stock has become way too expensive. Market cap of 9.17 billion vs. XM's 7.57 billion? XM still has a LOT more subscribers than Sirius. Just in case we have some viewers who haven't checked number other than the raw stock price, here are some data from yahoo (most recent quarter): Price/Sales (ttm): 189.25 Net Income -169,433,000 Total Cash Flow From Operating Activities -100,346,000 These are just plain ugly numbers.

If you remove all the stocks/stock options from this company, what do you have? A company that's in the red quarter after quarter. Yes, I believe that Sirius has a great future ahead, but in the short term, I'm a little worried. Will I jump back on the Sirius bandwagon? Probably, but not at these prices.

These days with Sirius I feel as though I'm playing dollar slots as supposed to investing. Do I take out my money while I'm ahead or do I keep my money in the slot machine and hope for that huge jackpot?

As I said earlier, I made a nice profit, I'm happy and I'm out. Sirius is "too rich for my blood."

Quelegal
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.