Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Ok, this is about spinning, not sex!

I started with a couple of top whorl spindles. I've been very comfortable with them, but I thought I should at least try a bottom whorl before I made up my mind about my preference.

The bottom whorl wobbles more than all of my top whorls. I went to a site that talked about "tuning" the hook on a spindle to eliminate wobbling, but I can't seem to get rid of it no matter how much I fiddle with it. I can't spin it as fast, so I'm always restarting it and it's just not as smooth. In addition, when I'm winding the single onto the spindle, with the top, I just hold my hands apart and twirl it on, keeping the tension constant. With the bottom, I'm having to wrap it around my hand, unwrap it a bit from the spindle, rewrap it around the cone. It's just not as smooth all around.

I definately prefer the top.

So, the couple of other spinners out there: which is your preference and why?

Ishtar
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.