No. of Recommendations: 181
DH and I will be driving to Seattle today. I will be marked up by a plastic surgeon in preparation for my sentinel node biopsy and bilateral mastectomy tomorrow. The operation is expected to last 7 hours, including implantation of expanders for future reconstruction. Samples of the tumors will be sent for Oncotype DX genetic analysis.

http://www.oncotypedx.com/

Any major operation has many risks. In addition, two critical analyses will determine my future prognosis and treatment.

1. Has cancer spread to the lymph nodes?
2. Do the cancers have aggressive mutations that would require chemotherapy?

The best outcome would be:
1. No complications during surgery.
2. Lymph nodes negative for cancer.
3. Low Oncotype score.

Since many METARs are atheists, I will ask for your good wishes and positive thoughts.

For religionists, I ask for your prayers. For religious Jews, please say a MiSheberach for me. My Hebrew name is Chayeh Gittel bas Raizel Maryam.

In friendship,
Wendy
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.