No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm shopping around for a broker for a new Investment Club. We're planning on going with either the Fool4 or a BTD variation, so low commissions are top priority. Also, we'd like a no minimum initial investment as we're all just starting out.

I've read many a message here and researched elsewhere. I dunno if I can accept the risk of SureTrade's unresponsiveness despite the fact that they offer exactly what we seek.

Trading Direct looks like a solid choice. However, there are no messages in the past few weeks here mentioning them. Would someone kindly share his/her experiences with TD?

Any other brokers meeting the above criteria will be happily considered as well. Thanks! Travzila
Print the post Back To Top
We use Bidwell as our discount broker. Check out http://www.bidwell.com

Bidwell is not the least expensive broker but they pay a reasonable return on cash held in the account, reporting is easy to decifer, and they are located locally so we just carry our checks over to them pronto.

I would not make a decision based on the recommendation of one person and I would not turn down someone like Waterhouse based on one bad review. Some of the discount houses receive bad reviews from day traders but you are not running that type of investment so you should be fine with someone who charges a very low fee. Good Investing.

Lowell
>>>We use Bidwell as our discount broker. Check out http://www.bidwell.com <<<

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.

>>>I would not make a decision based on the recommendation of one person and I would not turn down someone like Waterhouse based on one bad review. Some of the discount houses receive bad reviews from day traders but you are not running that type of investment so you should be fine with someone who charges a very low fee. Good Investing.>>>

Have no fear; I'm gathering info to narrow the field to five or so to evaluate further with an electron microscope. Thanks for noting the difference between the day traders and my IC's goal - that's the one thing I keep seeing with any opinions - most are from day traders with a different investing philosophy than ours. An important point I'm definitely keeping in mind...