Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Anyone been watching this one on Fox? I caught last night's episode with the dad from New York and the dad from Georgia switching places. I liked it.

JH
Print the post Back To Top
I saw it too. Its interesting how everyone involved ends up looking like an idiot. If anything the two Dads seemed the most normal. Both wives came across a bit crazy, makes me feel kind of sorry for the kids.

Mosquito
(Of course, as in all 'reality' TV we only see the footage that creates the characters the producers want us to see...)
No. of Recommendations: 1
I enjoyed it as well. I thought it was so rude how the NYC mom reacted when the Georgia father was impressed by having dinner at Tavern on the Green. I know the restaurant and while there are certainly fancier places than than, it is overpriced and swanky. In anycase it was impressive to him. Also, in the end, when the money's designations were revealled that same mom threw a fit about how he had allocated it to mostly family bonding activities. How in the world could she expect him to guess that they were in debt when she had spent so much time flaunting their wealth at him? Bragging that their second home was worth over 3 million $$!!

I also thought that while the Georgian kids seemed a little out of control, and it was odd that the mom hardly attempted, the visiting Dad would just sit there on a chair rather than trying to calm the boys down, or at least interact with them and distract them.

Jez
I saw it too. Its interesting how everyone involved ends up looking like an idiot. If anything the two Dads seemed the most normal. Both wives came across a bit crazy, makes me feel kind of sorry for the kids.

Yeah, the dads came out looking the best. Pierce and Molly seemed like good kids. The GA kids were terrors. They were in need of some serious discipline. NY mom and GA mom were like polar opposites. Though my kids are small, I definitely lean toward NY mom's end of the spectrum. I fear becoming like NY mom if I'm not careful.

(Of course, as in all 'reality' TV we only see the footage that creates the characters the producers want us to see...)

Yes, always have to be conscious of the fact that we only see a couple hours of a week's worth of footage.
I thought it was so rude how the NYC mom reacted when the Georgia father was impressed by having dinner at Tavern on the Green.

I agree.

Also, in the end, when the money's designations were revealled that same mom threw a fit about how he had allocated it to mostly family bonding activities. How in the world could she expect him to guess that they were in debt when she had spent so much time flaunting their wealth at him? Bragging that their second home was worth over 3 million $$!!

When "the twist" was first revealed I said to DW that it probably wasn't as big a deal how the NY family's money was spent. I missed that guess. I was floored when NY mom said they were planning to spend the whole $50k on Pierce's bar mitzvah. And then NY dad says he's got bills to here and has to spend $10k on cooking lessons. Guess they aren't LBTM.

To his credit, NY dad seemed to do a good job spending the GA family's money.

JH